Gift Guide: How To Be a Thoughtful Valentine
Congratulations, you made it through the holiday shopping season with your gal! But now, Valentine’s Day is nearing, and soon the stores will be crowded with cheesy red and pink boxes of candy, roses, and conversation hearts. While it may seem like a good idea to head down the seasonal aisle for gift ideas, it’s important to understand that the perfect gift is a thoughtful gift.
Don’t think you can pull it off? We rounded up some great ideas that are sure to get you a big ol’ hug and kiss from your girl!
- Get tickets to a special event – Is your girlfriend’s favorite band coming to town? Is she a huge sports fan? Get her two tickets to her favorite event, and plan to make a special day of it for the two of you!
- Make a photobook – You have so many great memories together, why not preserve them forever? If making a scrapbook just seems too girly, you can have a photobook made at nearly any photo center. Upload your photos online, arrange them as you like, and order!
- Have personalized jewelry made – Rather than buying her a rhinestone heart necklace from the jewelry counter, have a personalized piece made. Easily and affordably ordered online, you can add engravings, special phrases, dates, or even birthstones. Etsy is a great place to start!
- Create a gift basket – Chances are, you can find a Valentine’s themed gift basket complete with a teddy bear, chocolates, and mini balloon that says “I love you” in a snap. Skip this novelty and create your own special gift basket with all of her favorite things! Add a book or CD she’s been wanting, her favorite candy, a candle, bath and body care items, gift cards, something that signifies an inside joke between you two, etc. Your options are nearly limitless!
- Give her a day of relaxation – A gift certificate for her hair salon, nail salon, or spa is a great gift. She will look amazing and feel great, and she’ll love that you want to pamper her.
- Plan a trip – Now this doesn’t necessarily mean you have to go on a multi-day vacation, or even stay overnight, if your budget doesn’t allow for it. Just plan an entire day together to visit a local attraction or maybe even re-visit a few of your favorite “first” locations — like the restaurant where you had your first date or the first movie theater you went to together. Just take pictures and have fun!
- Give her flowers – Forget the cliche roses that are dead in just a few days! If you are going to get your leading lady flowers, get her some that are potted or can be planted in the spring. With proper care, these flowers will have a long life, and she will remember this special Valentine’s Day every time she looks at them!
Just keep her interests and likes in mind, as well as the memories and special times that you’ve shared together. Chances are, something extra special will inspire you!
Want more tips on how to buy for your best girl? Check out this post on how to buy gifts for her!
Ps. Check back later this week for a very special announcement and giveaway!