- For the past few years men’s suits have been getting more and more slim, but that has changed this season and we are starting to see more traditional suit silhouettes. The wider leg is modern and clean, so when it is paired with a boxy jacket, men look traditional but very fresh.
- I believe every man should have a chambray shirt because it can be paired with anything from casual linen pants to brightly colored chinos to white jeans. It is timeless and very waspy, but if paired with the right accessories it can be novel and almost urban.
- Check and Tweed will always be stylish. You can never go wrong with brown tweed or gray glen plaid, but in order to keep them from looking like your dad’s pieces that are a bit dull, look for updated cuts to your pieces. Also, never underestimate the power of a good tailoring job.
- One of the most versatile trends this season, sunbleached neutrals, is great because you probably already have them in your wardrobe (and they are incredibly comfortable). Since they are a neutral, they can be worn with anything, and even worn together for a spectacularly cozy monochromatic look.
- Trench coats will be in style and needed in a man’s wardrobe forever. You can try a navy trench in you are feeling a little bolder than the traditional khaki. Double breasted coats and jackets are on trend this season as well, so it is a great way to check off two trends in one.
Even if you don’t get a spring break (some of us have to work…), you can still dress the part. These breezy, preppy looks are perfect for barbecues, a quick hike with your dog, or brunch with your girl on the patio.
It’s not summer yet, so you’ll probably need something to keep you warm. Blazers are a classic go-to, and they’re all over this spring’s Banana Republic Mad Men line. If you don’t have a blazer, or want something different, opt for a chunky sweater. They’ll keep you warm, they’re easy to take off if you get too hot, and girls love cuddling with these.
In the Middle
Bright pops of color are in for both guys and gals this spring. Mix it up a little by wearing color in your shorts. You can wear an equally bold color up top, or you can keep it neutral and let the color of your shorts do the talking. Belt them or not, it’s up to you, just don’t let them sag.
On the Bottom
Going along with the preppy trend we’ve got here, you can add to this look with some loafters or plain canvas shoes. To do a good thing, and wear some of the most comfortable shoes out there, grab a pair of Toms. Sandals work, too, just make sure your feet are prepared. You’re never too manly for a pedicure, and girls hate looking at gross guy feet. It’s worth it.
Fedoras are coming back big time, probably thanks to Mad Men, but also because they’re impeccably stylish. Men have been wearing hats and fedoras for over a century, and they’re back. They key to looking great in one is to pick a style that’s flattering to your head and face shape, and making sure it fits. Hat sizing charts can easily determine this for you to make sure you don’t become a “fedora fail.”