The Classic Man
- For the past few years men’s suits have been getting more and more slim, but that has changed this season and we are starting to see more traditional suit silhouettes. The wider leg is modern and clean, so when it is paired with a boxy jacket, men look traditional but very fresh.
- I believe every man should have a chambray shirt because it can be paired with anything from casual linen pants to brightly colored chinos to white jeans. It is timeless and very waspy, but if paired with the right accessories it can be novel and almost urban.
- Check and Tweed will always be stylish. You can never go wrong with brown tweed or gray glen plaid, but in order to keep them from looking like your dad’s pieces that are a bit dull, look for updated cuts to your pieces. Also, never underestimate the power of a good tailoring job.
- One of the most versatile trends this season, sunbleached neutrals, is great because you probably already have them in your wardrobe (and they are incredibly comfortable). Since they are a neutral, they can be worn with anything, and even worn together for a spectacularly cozy monochromatic look.
- Trench coats will be in style and needed in a man’s wardrobe forever. You can try a navy trench in you are feeling a little bolder than the traditional khaki. Double breasted coats and jackets are on trend this season as well, so it is a great way to check off two trends in one.
Thanks to Kate at The Brown Umbrella for these great tips!